A Variety of Plans and Benefits
Each personal State Credit Union checking account comes with the following benefits:
- Checks provided upon request at cost (printing and shipping)
- Open any account with just $25.
- Relationship account gets first check order free!
- Loyalty and Relationship accounts receive free traveler's checks, free official checks, .25% APR CD bump-up rate and .25% APR loan discount*.
*Discount may not
reduce the APR of any loan lower than the "floor" which is the lowest APR for that loan as
determined by State Credit Union. Only one discount per loan may be used.
- Loyalty, First and Relationship accounts earn generous My Rewards points
- Loyalty, First and Relationship accounts also earn interest (dividends) on balances over $2,500.
Existing SCU Checking Accounts changed to these new types on November 15, 2012. Click here for related FAQs.
| Account Type
|| To Avoid Service Charge
Related FAQs here
Be an SCU member for 25 years or more.
| First Checking
Related FAQs here
|| Be an SCU member over age 15 and under age 31.
Debit card, SCU Online banking and eStatements required.
| Relationship Checking
Related FAQs here
Conduct 20 or more signature debit transactions per account per month
Have combined average monthly balance of $2,500 in deposit accounts
Have combined average monthly balance of $15,000 in loans and/or
| Value Checking
Account must have a lump-sum monthly direct deposit of $300 or more into the Value Checking account within 60 days of account opening. This account does not earn debit rewards.
Clubs and organizations with their own Tax ID or EIN may open a Club Checking account with the following features:
Existing SCU Club Accounts changed to this new type on July 1. Click here for related FAQs.
- Earns interest (dividends) on balances over $2,500
- Checks provided upon request at cost (printing and
- Requires a $1,000 average balance to avoid a $5 monthly service charge
- If applicable, the fee will be charged on the last day of the month
Loyalty Checking FAQsDo Loyalty Checking accounts have a monthly service charge?
How old do I have to be to have a Loyalty Checking account?
I have been a member for 24 years. Can I change my account to a Loyalty Checking next year?
First Checking FAQsDoes a First Checking account have monthly service charges?
Must I get a debit card with my First Checking account?
Must I get eStatements with a First Checking account?
What will happen to my First Checking account when I turn age 31?
Relationship Checking FAQsIf my account becomes subject to a service charge, when will the charge be applied?
How can I get an idea of whether I will avoid charges on a Relationship Checking account?
How do you determine the combined average balances for avoiding services charges?
I have a $15,000 home equity line of credit. Will this prevent service charges on my Relationship...
I have two Relationship Checking accounts. Do I need to keep $2,500 in each account to avoid...
What if I have $1,000 in deposit balances and $14,000 in loan balances? Will this avoid charges on...
What is a signature debit transaction?
If I avoid service charges the first month by making signature debit transactions, will I always...
How you do you determine the number of signature debit transactions I have each month?
I have more than one Relationship Checking account. Do I need to have 20 signature debit...
What are some ways to help me meet the minimum of 20 signature transactions each month?