Money Management Accounts
Better rates, easy access, super safe.
If you're looking for an investment that is safe
and quickly available to you, our Money Management Account is a good choice. Your deposits are totally liquid yet can earn a higher return than checking or savings.
The minimum to open is $1,000 and if your balance drops below this amount on any day, your account is subject to a monthly maintenance fee as shown in our fee schedule
As your balances grow, you earn higher rates on this tiered account as shown here.
|Money Management Account101/26/2015
||Annual % Yield
|$0 - $999.99||0.10%||0.10%||Monthly|
|$1,000 - $4,999.99||0.20%||0.20%||Monthly|
|$5,000 - $9,999.99||0.25%||0.25%||Monthly|
|$10,000 - $24,999.99||0.30%||0.30%||Monthly|
You should know that federal regulations (often referred to as Reg D) limit the number of certain types of transactions you can conduct on your Money Management Account each month. You may have up to six TOTAL pre-authorized, automatic or third party withdrawals or transfers against your account per month.
Here are some examples of transactions that are subject to this limitation:
- Automatic drafts like mortgage payments, car payments or other automated bills
- Transfers through SCU Online or Telephone Teller
- Point of sale purchases made at a merchant with an ATM card
- Bill payments made online directly at the biller's site
Here are some examples of transactions that are not subject to the six monthly Reg D limitation:
- Withdrawals in person at a teller window
- Withdrawals at an ATM
- Withdrawals by check (for example, through Telephone Teller) if it is made payable and mailed to yourself
- Transfers or payments to an SCU loan
If you exceed a total of six Reg D transactions in a month, each additional transaction will be subject to the Money Management Reg D fee posted in our fee schedule
. Click here
for more details about Reg D transfer limitations.