Information About Overdrafts & Overdraft FeesPlease read this important information and then enroll using the secure form below.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or
line of credit that may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
To learn more about these plans, click here.
This page explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
* We authorize and pay overdrafts for checks and automatic payments made using your checking account number.
* Per federal regulations, we WILL NOT authorize and pay overdrafts on your everyday ATM and debit card
purchases unless you ask us to by enrolling below.
* We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for transactions made at any ATM machine.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be denied.
What fees will I be charged if State Credit Union pays my overdraft?
We charge a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft. If the overdraft was caused by a debit card purchase of $5 or less, the fee is $5.
There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want State Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my debit or ATM card purchases?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday debit or ATM card purchase transactions, complete and submit the secure form below.
OPT IN ENROLLMENT FORM
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS, PLEASE PRINT THIS PAGE BEFORE YOU CLICK SUBMIT BELOW. Your Opt-In Enrollment is not complete until you receive a confirmation letter from us, which will be sent to your address on file. If your address has changed, please contact us toll-free at 1-800-868-8740.