Payment Deferment and Hardship Loan
Accessing your account beginning March 23, 2020. In an effort to keep our members and employees safe, our lobbies will be closed effective Monday, March 23. You may still use our drive-thru and if you have banking business that needs to be conducted inside, you may schedule an appointment via secure email on our Contact page. Please only visit a branch in person if it is an absolute necessity. Most transactions such as check deposits, viewing your balances, paying bills and cash withdrawals can easily be accomplished without visiting a branch. Click here for online and mobile banking information. For a list of ATMs, click here. You may also get cash back when using a debit card at retail locations such as grocery stores.
Coronavirus-related scams. The IRS has issued a warning about current scams related to the economic stimulus payments many people will soon receive. Scammers are using several familiar-sounding words such as "stimulus check" and "stimulus payment". They then ask taxpayers to sign over their check to them and ask victims to verify their personal information via phone, email, text messages or social media to speed up their payment. Remain vigilant and if you have any questions about your stimulus payment, refer to the IRS's web page on the stimulus payments here.
Assistance options. If the Coronavirus has negatively impacted your family, State Credit Union has two options to assist you: Payment Deferment and Hardship Loan.
- If you are past due on an SCU loan, you may call our Loan Adjustments Department at 800-868-8740 ext. 8110.
- If you are current on your SCU loans, but would like to apply for a deferment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for each loan and credit card you would like a deferment for, along with the loan type and enter "Deferment Request" in each subject line. In the body of the email, please list the last 4 digits of your loan number, your full name and address, details of the hardship, and indicate if you would like a 1, 2 or 3 month deferment*, then click "Send." Do not include your full social security number or member number in any email.
- Allow at least 5 working days for your request to be reviewed.
- Maximum loan amount is $3,500**
- Low interest rate
- No application fee
- First payment due up to 90 days from the date of the loan
- Use for living expenses or emergencies
- Apply online at www.scscu.com/apply
Other options are also available. If you don't need the funds now, but want to have them available in case of an emergency, try our Overdraft Protection Line of Credit (if you have an SCU checking account), or our Personal Line of Credit.
In addition, from now through April 17, 2020, fees for external loan payments made by phone will be refunded.
*Interest will continue to accrue for the deferment period. **Limited to one loan per member and is subject to credit worthiness. Maximum term of 2 years from the date of application. 8.99% annual percentage rate. Rates, conditions and programs subject to change without notice.
Other steps we have taken to protect our members and employees. In addition to our normal daily cleaning routines, surfaces such as desks, counter tops and door knobs are being disinfected several times per day. Employees have been provided hand sanitizer and have been asked to frequently wash their hands. We have cancelled and / or postponed community events and are practicing the recommended social distancing until we navigate through this situation.
We encourage you to remain vigilant and stay abreast of the latest information through the Centers for Disease Control website.
As always, we thank you for being a State Credit Union member.